Cholestech LDX System (Analyzer, Printer and Starter Kit)
With high cholesterol being the biggest killer in the country, it is crucial that you are proactive about monitoring and treating your patients that are at risk of suffering from this serious condition. Since the condition shows very few actual symptoms, regular blood tests are the only way to ensure that your patients are getting the treatment they need for their high cholesterol. While there are many ways to test your patients’ lipid levels, none are more convenient or more effective than Alere’s Cholestech LDX testing system. With the quick results it provides, you can effectively counsel your patients without any waiting. In short, the LDX System allows you to save lives five minutes at a time.
WHY YOU NEED THE CHOLESTECH LDX SYSTEM:
• Accuracy – When it comes to patient care, you don’t want to settle for anything but the best. With the LDX System, that’s exactly what you get. The precise results it provides are just as reliable as a traditional lab test. In fact, the LDX System meets all of the National Cholesterol Education Program’s guidelines for accuracy, and it is CRMLN Certified, so you know it has to be good.
• Ease of use – The LDX System uses a simple three-step process. Once you collect a single drop of blood, you place it on the disposable test cassette and insert it into the machine. That’s it.
• Efficiency – After inserting the cassette, full results will be computed within five minutes. Your time is valuable, and you shouldn’t have to waste it waiting for results. You will immediately receive a double printout of the results so that you and your patient can have a record of it.
• Satisfied patients – Not only does the LDX System allow you to immediately counsel your patients on what lifestyle changes need to be made, or what medications should be considered, it also keeps them from having to go to the lab and await your phone call for the results. When your patients are happy, they are more likely to follow your recommendations and keep coming back to you.
• Convenience – The LDX System is small and lightweight, yet it is extremely durable, which makes it the perfect option to take with you from room to room. It measures only 21x12 centimeters, so it is also very easy to store when you are not using it.
• Limited training required – You are busy, so you don’t have the time for unnecessary trainings. Luckily, the LDX System is CLIA-waived, so you can use it without an excessive time investment. But since the system is so easy to use, you can still feel confident that you are using it correctly.
• All-in-one testing – Even though the LDX System offers several different testing cassettes, you only need one cassette per patient. Here are the testing cassettes available: Total Cholesterol, Total Cholesterol/Glucose, Total Cholesterol/HDL, Total Cholesterol/HDL/Glucose, Lipid Profile, Lipid Profile/Glucose.
• Includes risk assessment – Of course you can look at the results and determine what your patient’s risk of Coronary Heart Disease is, but why spend the extra time when the LDX System can do it for you?
• Worry free – Since the LDX System is calibrated at the factory, you won’t have to question its accuracy. And should the system require an update, it will be easy and inexpensive for you to implement.
• Makes sense financially – First off, preventing heart disease is much more affordable than having to treat it. But more than that, the cost of the LDX System and cassettes are reimbursable by Medicare and most third-party insurance companies. Additionally, the more lab work you can do in-house, the better for your bottom line.
• Warranty/technical support included – They LDX System includes a 2-year warranty, so you don’t need to worry about it malfunctioning or breaking. In the off chance it does, your investment will be taken care of. If you have any questions or problems along the way, 24/7 technical support is also part of the package.
• Contains everything you need – When you purchase the Cholestech LDX System, you have everything you need to get started, with the exception of the testing cassettes. You will receive the analyzer with power supply, printer and printer cable, optics check cassette, the user manual, and if you are in the US, you will also receive a starter pack and quick reference guide.